Monday, March 1, 2010

A Letter To My Daughter

Tonight my little love I write my first words to you. Though you will not hear my voice for a few more months I am asking for an angel to cross the waters and carry these words to you and whisper them in your ear as you sleep tonight.

I love you. I have fallen totally in love with you. I praise God for you. You are the answer to my prayers. Receiving your picture tonight at the end of this long journey has given me just a sliver of the glimpse of what our journey to our heavenly Father must be like. I have been on this road for so long. We have waited for you for so very long. We have been on this quest to find you and we had no idea what our journey would be like when we first set out. It was so perilous and it took us through things that had we known in the beginning what we would be asked to endure we would have grown to faint to even begin the venture. But here in the end seeing your sweet face we can look back and say that we would do it all over again if only to be brought to this moment when we have finally seen your face.

Perhaps that is what our journey of life is about. If we knew in the beginning what the quest would be like, we might have been afraid to journey out. But once we see the face of our Father in heaven......we will realize that we would do it all over again just to be brought to the moment when we will finally see His face.

My precious daughter you have already given me strength. You have already made me brave. You have already transformed my life and my heart and I have yet to hold you. You have changed me and now carry with you a part of my soul that will forever bind us together as mother and daughter.

My sweet little wonder please rest in the safety of our Father's love. He will hold you for me tonight and He will remind me as we spend these many first few months apart that you are His treasure loaned to me for safe keeping. And just like Hannah who gave her son Samuel back to the service of God, I too with the heart of Hannah will raise you to love, honor and serve Him. You are His treasure and I have been so richly blessed to be given the honor of holding, protecting, and caring for what belongs to Him.

Welcome to our family my darling baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole ~ This is a beautiful letter to your daughter & so, so true. I am so thankful that God has many times given me just enough light for my current step b/c had I seen too far ahead, in my weakness I probably would have turned back. What a journey of building faith, trust & courage it's been, & I'm at a point now where I say, "I don't want to miss a thing!" I am so happy for you & your family!!

    Blessings ~ Dardi

    ReplyDelete