Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweet Little Words

It is amazing how someone else's good news can also make such a profound impact on you. Especially when you are waiting for a referral. Tonight, those sweet little words jumped out at me as I was closing my computer for the day.

.....Number two on the baby girl list has accepted a referral....

And just like that I am transported to a whole different world. I scarcely inhale for fear the sound of my own breath may somehow break the spell and I will find out that it was all a mistake. I check and check and then recheck again to make sure that I am reading the wait list right. I try to figure out if maybe I am just misunderstanding the board. Heaven knows that I don't want to get excited and then find out I was mistaken.

A quick call to my coordinator. Ok...not so quick. We have become friends. There is much to discuss. And just asking her doesn't seem appropriate. So we talk....and we talk so more....and then just like that there are those sweet little words again. "So you are moving up!"

My heart soars.....but I have to contain my giddiness...after all I am still on the phone with my friend. Fortunately my daughter is crawling onto my lap and digging her knees into my stomach. It makes it easier to suppress the urge to "wooo-hooo" in her ear.

How easily my mood swings these days. From melancholy to overwhelming joy. And it hits me......

This is adoption.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a post. You are such a great writer. I felt the same way you did, I just can't write the way that expresses my feelings. Enjoy this movement - we sure are.
    -Charity

    ReplyDelete